Wednesday, November 17, 2010

DEVOTIONAL FOR THURSDAYYY HOLLER.

1. I put HOLLER because I think that's how hillbillies would say 'HOLLA.' Ain't it great? Yess, I know.

2. I am posting the devo the night before from now on, in case some people get on after waking up so they can sorta have a reminder to start your day with Christ! (:

THURSDAY:

Have you ever been to the point of saying, "I am not helping anyone else-ever! No one cares or ever even thanks me!"? You feel that you give and give, and no gratitude is ever expressed. Meanwhile, you watch  lots of people do far less and get recognized more. It's not fair. They just help to get the recognition and that is it. Their heart isn't in it. Well, that doesn't give us the excuse to quit. We impact people when we give. We only impact ourselves when we want recognition. Give more.

Verse:

"All these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty put in  all the livelihood that she had." -Luke 21:4

Thoughts:


I don't have as many thoughts on this like the last devo, sorry. I can say in all honesty I have had this thought. Haven't we all though? It is hard to not be recognized for somethings but remember we are doing it to glorify God, not ourselves. Like here, we begin to feel that the people who do less are recognized more. Have you thought though that us having this thought, is kinda of saying that we are being like them? I mean, that's how I see it. I can't speak for you! I also think that, maybe we 'think' that they only do these things to get recognition, but maybe they don't? You don't know for sure unless that person has told you. Last, I think this devo kind of ties in with the grace one. They both (well, to me.) have some relation to giving. Agree? Thoughts? Lemme know! (: [btdubs, I lied. I did have as many thoughts :P]

P.S I also think that this post isn't just saying give materialistic things, but we can also give love, guidance, friendship, etc! (: I thinks those things are more valuable anyways!

Speaking of 'giving.' GUESS WHAT? Betcha can't guesssss. :P Thanksgiving is in. . . . 1. . .2. . .3. . .4. . .5. . .6. . .7. . .8 DAYS!!!! WOOT WOOT! (: So. super. excited. By the way, I didn't count today since it's almost overrrr! (:

Ta Ta For Now. ;)

Sleep well, and I hope you all have a WONDERFUL rest, and AMAZING day with Christ tomorrow. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment