Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Devotional!

I have this idea that I think is prettyyy good. I have a devotional book that I am starting to read everyday, but I had this idea to post the devo I read that day on my blog along with some thoughts, if I have any? haha. I am excited for this, idk why! They are pretty short, but they really have you thinking. I also ask if you have anything on your mind about the post, feel free to leave a comment about it! I would love to hear what God put on your heart! I am so excited. hahah (: I AM STARTING THE FIRST ONE NOW.

P.S If I skip a day, should I do that day plus the day I am on? or just leave it out all together? What's your opinion!? Thanks!

P.P.S haha, Oh, and the book is called 'Extreme Encounters: Start Each Day On The Edge.' It is kind of an older book, (2000) but OH WELL!

Wednesday.
It's a hot summer day. You're dying of thirst, so you run down to the convenience store. You get yourself an ice-cold drink and head to the counter. "1.35 please." You dig into your pocket to pull out one dollar and a quarter, some lint, and a rubber band. Yikes! No more money. You're just 10 cents away. But just when you are about to leave, the clerk says. "That's OK; I have a dime." Wow! She didn't have to do that. Something for nothing! That's grace-getting what you don't deserve. Who can you show grace today? Look for a chance to share this kind of grace with others.

Verse: God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been save). -Ephesians 2:4-5


My thoughts:
Wow. Grace is such a wonderful thing, and God does it everyday. We don't deserve for our sins to be forgiven, but He does it anyway! Because He loves US! How awesome is that? My dad always says how he gives my grace all the time, and I usually don't believe him. After reading this though, he really does! So do our teachers, and our friends! A way I could give grace is you know when there is that really rude person in your class? They always seem to need a pencil or paper and most of the time you don't do anything but sit there? Well, I have decided I will give that person a pencil or a piece of paper. Although they don't deserve it because they were mean or rude or whatever to us, giving them it is giving grace! I am not saying to let that person walk all over you though, this is just an example because I know this has happened to me.


Ta Ta For Now! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment